Friday, October 3, 2014

Book Review (Wintergirls)

Book Review:
Wintergirls
By: Laurie Halse Anderson

     

     The book Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson shows how Lia struggles to over come her case of anorexia (is when a person has an eating disorder or does not like to gain weight, like they have a fear of it). Lia and her best friend Cassie have known each other since that they were kids. When Lia and Cassie start to play a dangerous and deadly game of who can be the skinniest. Times past and now that Cassie is dead her ghost is haunting Lia for not answering her phone when Cassie was calling Lia right before she dies. Watch as Lia tries to overcome Cassie and live with all the problems going on in her family. 


    I really enjoyed this book because it shows how even through you could be having a really hard time, there always a light at the tunnel for you to reach out to just like Lia does. This book really impacts my life because after all that Lia's been through it teaches me that life's not a game and you should never just quit even if you are sad or depressed. I would totally give this book a 10 because even though it took a bit to understand how Laurie Halse Anderson lays out her writing, it was also very hard to put down the book. I would have finished it sooner but with all the homework I get its very challenging to do so. Over this is one of my top 10 books and I hope ever one reads this book because it can change your life like it did to me. 



2 comments:

  1. I think that you did a good job explaining this book. I am interested in reading it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on,
    * Giovanna's Blog
    * Diana's Blog
    * Evelia's Blog

    ReplyDelete