Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weekly Blog 10/27/14 Speak

º Does the title fit the story? Why or why not? 
º Do you like what you’re reading? Why or why not?
º Describe your least favorite character and explain why. Describe your most favorite character and explain why.
       
       I think that the title "Speak" fits the story because the whole book is about Melinda being scared and lonely and not wanting to actually speak because she is afraid. I think that this also fits because usually she doesn't tend to speak anymore and usually just nods yes or no or in fact just puts her head down when teachers talk to her. Finally I think it fits because in the ending she starts to become more confident and happy, so gradually she beings to speak again. Its an inspiring book for young girls like me. 

       I liked what I was reading because it helped me change the way I look at people and to not just judge them without getting to know them. I also liked the type of word choice that Laurie Halse Anderson used in her writing. Thirdly I liked how Anderson made the book Melinda's first person because it adds more feeling to the book. Also I liked what I read because it makes you feel so connected to the book, like when shes sad it makes you sad because all you can do is sit an read not knowing what is going to happen next and I think that Is thrilling to everyone that reads her stories. 

       My least favorite character would be Andy or as Melinda refers to him as "The Beast". He is my least favorite character because he sexually abuses Melinda at a party before high school starts which makes Melinda call the cops resulting in everyone hating and ignoring on the first day. In the story they describe him as, very wealthy, is good looking, and that he's very charming. Also that he as seen in Melinda's eyes like a monster that followers her every move, everywhere. My favorite character would have to be Melinda because even if sometimes she is very depressing she is still a girl that just wants to get through high school without any problems. In the story it never really describes her, only that she used to be bright and cheery but that changed after the night of the party when after that she became sad and depressed, not wanting to speak anymore. 


2 comments:

  1. Ive commented on:

    Giovanna's Blog
    Emily's Blog

    ReplyDelete