Thursday, February 26, 2015

Weekly Blog for 2/23/15 A Little Princess

- Pretend you get to create the music soundtrack for what you’ve been reading.
What five songs would you include? Write an explanation for each song: why

would you include it, how does the song connect to events.

1. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri 
          I would include this song because the in the song it says "I have loved your for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more". I feel like this connects to Sara after her father dies. That she had always loved him and that she still does. I would include this song because I feel that it is implying what Sara is feeling, for example at the beginning of the song it says "How to be brave, how can I love when I'm afraid to fall". I feel like this explains when shes in shock, and she doesn't know how she will over pass her fathers death. 

2. Outside by Calvin Harris ft Elli Goulding

        I would include this song because I think this goes perfectly when they move Sara from being rich, to being a servant. In the song it says "Gotta be so strong", I think this goes with how Sara felt after her father dies but also when she is confused after why they made her a servant, yet she still had to be strong. The title also fits perfectly on how Sara feels as well. She was like a princess to all the other girls especially the little ones, but now no one talks to her only orders her around. A perfect example of the use "Now I'm on the outside".

3. Ten Feet Tall by Afrojack ft. 
       I would chose this song because it relates to how Sara feels when she thinks of everything that has happened, or how she reacts. She would act like if she was on top of the world, sort of like this song. In the song it says "Been trying so hard not to let it show" I think that it connects to how she doesn't want them all to see how she feels on the inside of all that has happened. Also in the song it says "I'm stepping on builds, cars, and boats I swear I could touch the sky" I think it means that she again is trying not to let anyone get her down and that she will always be positive, reaching for the sky.

4. Leave the World Behind by Swedish House Mafia ft. Lune

        I would chose this song because in the book, when its night time she would cry her self to sleep. I think this would go perfect with her because she makes up a stories to cheer her self up and forget about what is happening around her as she is telling them. As if shes leaving the world behind her. In the song it says "People can you hear me?" I think that this would go with the story because at one point its like no one can hear her, just boss her around. This song to me represents that when she imagines, she forgets about the world even if its only for a bit to get her mind off of and away from reality.

5. Atmosphere by Kaskade

       I chose this song because it relates to how Sara felt when she was put up in the attic. In the song it says "When I was young I would stand alone" I feel like this connects to when she would do chores and would be all alone, all her thoughts to herself. The song also says "All my life I've been a star, holding a light up in the dark, while I try to keep clear of all the waves in your atmosphere" I feel like just this line of the song explains how she was very rich and was looked at by everyone like a star. Then soon after she starts to fade as in when her father dies, then suddenly shes in the dark trying to keep the light in her heart and not be let down. Then this also explains how she doesn't want to be sad and doesn't want to go that way so she tries to stay clear of it like in the song.




Commented on:

No comments:

Post a Comment