Monday, February 16, 2015

Poetry Response ~ Family is Forever

"Family is Forever"
By: Crystal-Lynn Barringer

"A family
is made of love and tears
laughter and years
It grows stronger
with the passing of time
More precious
with the making of memories
sometimes a family is made of ones
you don't like for a while and fight with a lot
But you love them for a life time
Not in numbers but in its capacity to love
It's the place you find
someone to encourage you
believe in you
Celebrate with you and comfort you
A family is where your heart
feels most at home because you're
Always wanted always welcomed           
Always needed
Always Loved
And always precious to everyone
So always love your family"                                        


      I think that the poem is about your love for your family, what it should mean to you and what they are meant to do for you. Like an example would be when the poem says "Always needed, Always loved, And always precious to everyone" to me it means that no matter what your family will always make you feel like your meant to be there and thats never going to change because a family loves each other forever. Also I think that this poem is about how you can never change your family, that you only have one so its like telling you not to get angry at them because you never know god forbid something could happen to them. 

      I think the author wrote this because maybe her family did something very kind or was very supportive of her so she wrote this as a way to say thank you. I think the author may have also wrote this because maybe one of her family members died so she maybe wanted to write this in order to remember someone in her family that was close to her. I finally think that she may have wrote this for no reason, like just to remind her family that she loves them and that they will always be apart of her.

      I chose this photo because the poem talks about the love you should have for your family so I though it would be appropriate to have a heart to symbolize that love. I also chose it because the poem talks about family is where your heart feels most at home so I felt that that was a very important part of the poem. I finally chose this picture because this whole poem is about family is forever and where family is so is your heart and they will always be there if you want them or not which I thought was very important so i added it because of that.
      This poem reminds me of when my uncle died, how after its like the rest of my family became closer and we realized that even if hes not here anymore we will always remember him and that we always loved him. This poem reminds me of a movie I watched with my mom, I forgot the title but I remember how the family had gotten in a huge fight and then a member of the family had died so they all forgave each other and came closer over the death. Like my family with my uncle. This poem also reminds me of a story which was about your family and that you should never let them go as there the only one you will ever get.

No comments:

Post a Comment