Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Talk The Maze Runner

 *Transcript* 


Hi my name is Yareli and I am doing my book talk on The Maze Runner by James Dashner. The Maze Runner is Science Fiction because of all the not realistic creatures and science involved. 


The story takes place in a Maze simulation. Surrounding a group of boys in a ginormous maze and walls that close every night. The main character in the book is Thomas. Thomas is at first a shy and curious boy asking why he is in the maze but soon becomes more brave and confident. The main conflict or struggle that they all have is that they want and have been looking for ways to leave the maze. The Maze Runner was a bit of everything, funny, sad exciting, mysterious. It had that feeling to where sometimes you would be on the edge of your seat. The main theme is guessing would be to face your fears because in the Maze Thomas takes it on head first many times, and saves Alby when he is sick in the Maze. 


I liked the book because It has so much feeling and excitement to it. Even if I tried to put it down to do my homework I would eventually find myself going back and reading it, to me it was that good. I remember a lot of the book but thing I remember the most would be when Thomas first arrived, how scared he was and wouldn't talk to any of the other boys there. 

 
I would recommend this book to a friend called Karen because she loves to read and this is her type of books. I think that the viewer should want to go out and get this book because this book has so many feelings in it at one point I was crying and the next I was smiling so hard It hurt. To me this book was so fun and such a roller coaster but in the end I was so happy I continued to read the whole series.


I commented on, Rebecca's Blog, Saul G, Sam T

6 comments:

  1. Good Book Talk. You forgot to make your video, if you can you should update it with the video in the blog. Other than that you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My video hasn't been able to update. Thanks for the reminder thought!

      Delete
  2. You described everything really well. You should add your video. Besides that you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I told I John my video hasn't been able to update. Thanks for saying that though!

      Delete
  3. Hi Yareli. You did a good job on this blog post. I liked how you described how good the book was. For example you said "Even if I tried to put it down to do my homework I would eventually find myself going back and reading it..." I would suggest to fix a run on sentence that you have in there. For example, "The Maze Runner was a bit of everything, funny, sad exciting, mysterious it had that feeling to where sometimes you would be on the edge of your seat." It would be easier and more fluent if you put "and mysterious." Then start a new sentence from "It" and then just go from there. Other than that great job and I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'll fix that right now!

      Delete