Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Global Collaboration Reflection

        
           My global awareness to be honest was barely anything before entering 7th 

Grade. I don't really remember anything, besides this year with ISIS and Ebola 

effecting the whole world. I remember before entering 7th grade I didn't really pay 

attention to the news, which was really something I should have done. That didn't 

help in me knowing. Then also I was mainly focused on what was happening in the 

U.S. last year. For example when President Obama used executive actions in order to 

stop deportation. 



       The collaborations between my Swedish and Indian pen pals have changed my 

level of global awareness because they both have told me so much about their  

countries. They have told me about places that after researching, fascinate not only 

them, but me as-well. Bringing me to know more places of the world I never knew 

about. Both of them have taught me of where they live, which is very different 

from where I do. It makes me imagine how it could look like and when I research on 

it, it makes me more aware of what other parts of the world may look like. 



         My perspective has changed because before I knew that all cultures where

different in one way or another. I didn't know It was this much of a difference  

however. When they talked about what they eat, what they celebrate it made me 

think and it changed my perspective, that not all the cultures are the same. I 

always knew this but seeing it first hand and actually having people tell me about it 

made me really think  about it and change the way I looked at it



               Probably I've had two most funny/interesting facts that I have 

learned throughout this experience. One being the interesting fact, was when my 

Swedish pen pal told me that her school was divided by buildings or colors, 

because there are three different houses. A yellow house, a red house, and an orange 

house. The second one, being the funny fact was when my Indian pen pal 

told me that they celebrated Chocolate day. I was laughing because at first I thought  

it meant something else, like if it had a different meaning. I was laughing harder 

when I actually searched it on Google to see it was where you actually each chocolate 

that day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment