Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tuesdays with Morrie - Bucket List


           My first thought when reading Tuesdays with Morrie book was that it was very saddening, and I had thought I wouldn't like it. Since I usually like to read books that don't cause sadness, but instead make me laugh and bring smiles. When we first read through the table of contents, I felt really nervous when I saw it had said "We say goodbye". It gave me a really bad omen and I didn't feel like it was going to be a nice book. However, were already at page 40 and I can honestly say that I'd love to keep reading. I'd like to go ahead because Morrie and Mitch's relationship makes me curious. How if they had something like that, couldn't we all? It seems nice that Morrie cares so much about Mitch, even possibly as a second son. 

          One thing that got me sad in the book, was when Mitch had said, "... and I swallowed because I knew, deep down, I was no longer the good, gift-bearing student he remembers. I only hoped that. for the next few hours, I could fool him." This made me sad because I don't want to know what will happen when Morrie finds out what has changed. Even when Mitch hadn't visited, and only did when he saw that Morrie was on TV. That made me a bit mad, as I would always keep in touch if I ever would have a professor that meant so much to me. That being said, I love how the book cuts back between the past and his present, I found that to be a unique writing style that I like more then other types.       


Bucket List:

  • Learn Japanese
  • Finish learning Italian
  • Travel to Tokyo, Japan
  • Travel to Progreso, Yucatan
  • Be fluent in writing in Spanish
  • Have 5 dogs
  • Graduate from college with a bachelors degree
  • Get a nice apartment in the city
  • Travel to all 50 states
  • Learn how to program/code
  • Go bungee jumping
  • Become good at cooking
  • Have a pool
  • Get good at photography
  • Go sky diving
  • Travel anywhere, but in first class
  • Get good at baking 







No comments:

Post a Comment