Friday, April 8, 2016

3rd Quarter Reflection Blog


          Something I have accomplished that I am very proud of would be my butterfly from the butterfly project. I think it was in seventh grade when I had first heard of the butterfly project, and I was so excited, already thinking of how I would get to do it one day. Once we started, I was already making mental imagines on how it would look. The week we had to build the butterfly wasn't easy. The designs I had wanted proved to be a lot harder to build then I had expected, and I had a lot of trouble arming the butterfly itself. I had to use hot glue for the most of it... not fun. However overall I was really happy from the outcome and I loved seeing everyone else's butterflies. 

          I'd say the most challenging part of third quarter would be our argumentative essay. Seeing as I wasn't in school and actually in Mexico. It was really stressing to come back and realize how much homework that was assigned while I was away. The only thing I had managed to finish was the three main body paragraphs of the first draft. When I had come back, I tried to follow Edmodo as best as I could and in the end finished. I had spent a lot of time on the introduction and conclusion, I actually think out of all the paragraphs those two were the hardest. Of course, it won't be as great as everyone else's, but I think I tried my best and I was happy how it turned out. 

          The area I think I've made the biggest improvement in would be my vocabulary. I say this because as I write paragraphs I find that at some words, I stop and think, "What's another word to use?" For example, if I were to write "bad" I would stop and think that I could change that to a say, "terrible, or miserable. I think that because of this, my writing has improved quite a lot. I have to thank the vocabulary tests that help me. My vocabulary also helps me when I'm talking to other people. For example I was talking to a friend, and she had mentioned something about a person being very religious, so I said, "then she's a pious person right?". It made me happy to know I knew that.


No comments:

Post a Comment