Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekly Blog 12/1/14 The Scorch Trials



Analyze how your feelings change as you read this story and why.
Discuss why you like or dislike what you are reading.
      My emotions have been changing quite a lot in these 1-214 pages that I have been reading in The Scorch Trials. I was really sad for the main character Thomas and in all honesty almost started crying at how heartbreaking the part in the book was. It was about this girl named Teresa (which if you haven't read the first book The Maze Runner then this may be a bit confusing, little back ground information: Teresa came into Glade *the place that the glader's lived* as the last and only person to enter. Keep in mind, no girls had ever been into glade so this caused craziness. Long story short, Thomas feels a connection to her and they start to form a relation ship.) They stuck together, got out of the maze and they where put into a camp but they separated Teresa from the boys. She disappears and they can't find her. Yet when Thomas goes into the room type of thing when there in the desert after escaping the camp she's there and they hug and kiss *again I had said before, a relationship* but then Thomas had to leave her behind and run but not without saying "Teresa I'll find you."

     It also made me very happy however that she was still alive and that maybe she would be through out the book trying to reach Thomas. It made me feel very nervous when they were inside of the camp and the creepy scientist told them they had gotten the disease called the "Flare" that had wiped out almost all of the world's population and left crazy psycho people called "cranks" that once the disease got to far inside the brain it made them crazy until they lost everything basically their humanity. I felt excited as well when they went to search the room Teresa was kept in the found a boy named Aris that had the same relationship to another girl but she was killed. I got excited because I found out that Aris could take telepathically as well (Thomas and Teresa could talk telepathically just like Aris and his best friend Rachel, so in some way Thomas and Aris could talk to each other?) 

     I like what I'm reading because it gives so much emotion and I love the way that I'm worried for the main characters so much like I will literally scream in my head and start biting my nails when they take a wrong turn or put them selves in danger. I like what I'm reading because I like to read these types of books, the ones that make you go to the edge of your seat making you just want to read quicker to get to the good part. The Maze Runner Series has been such good books even if I have only read 1 and currently reading number 2. I have a friend that has been telling me how good book number 3 is and I can't wait to start it. 



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog and I'm actually currently reading The Maze Runner so this sort of contained spoilers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to branch out and choose different prompts for your blogs!

    ReplyDelete